Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ergonomics and Beading


I never gave much thought to the ergonomics of beading,wire wrapping, and other detail work.  That all changed when I took a bad fall almost four weeks ago and severely sprained my left wrist and injured my forearm.  I have been going to occupational therapy, doing exercises at home, and wearing a brace on my left arm.

I am improving, but it takes so long.  My grip is still weak. I have been making jewelry, but not as much in the last four weeks.  I am trying to pay attention to how I hold my hands and fingers, and taking care to stop after awhile to rest and stretch.   

Here is one of the lanyards I made recently while I have been babying my left wrist. Sold right away.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or share something new. I would love to hear from you.

LeAllyson

See Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...