Sunday, January 27, 2008

Personal Style in Jewelry Design

How do you decide what your style is for jewelry design? I have had difficulty with this. Do you? I've made lots of jewelry in a somewhat classic style, and most of it uses sterling silver. I find I am partial to Czech glass, Swarovski crystals and freshwater pearls. I also enjoy lampwork beads. Although I like semi-precious gemstones, I don't use them as often as glass. I am trying to decide if it is because I don't enjoy them as much or if the cost of quality gemstones is a factor. I do know that the sparkle and glow of a lovely crystal, especially one that has multiple colors in it or one that has an AB finish that will make it sparkle and reflect colors differently depending upon the light really grabs my attention.

I've noticed the jewelry made in a vintage style with brass findings and find them absolutely charming and delightful. I am enjoying creating jewelry in that style now in addition to the other type of jewelry I've been making. The problem is that I should have a distinct style for marketing my work, and I don't want to decide on one over the other. Does anyone else struggle with this? Please leave a comment with your thoughts and ideas. I'd love to hear from other fellow jewelry artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or share something new. I would love to hear from you.

LeAllyson

See Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...